Meet the Wildflower team!
Hover over the picture to see the name, click to see their bio!
Kamila Borutova, Owner, RMT
- Registered Massage Therapist with NHPC, 14 years of experience
- Spider-tech Kinesio Practitioner & Certified Cupping Practitioner (Available at the Spa)
- Specializes in: Deep tissue (sport) massage, Reflexology, Swedish massage, Hot Rock massage, Pre-natal massage, Myofascial Release therapy, Active Isolated Stretching
- USUI Reiki Master
After graduating with Masters Degree from the Palacky University in the Czech Republic, she has moved to Canmore in 1998 to enjoy the mountain life. When she was not climbing mountains or competing in cross-country races all over the world, she has been traveling as a massage therapist with the Biathlon National Team on a World Cup circuit and the Olympics 2006.
Kamila has also been working at Wildflower ever since it has been open. Mother of two boys, Kamila is now trying to find a balance between her family and running our busy Spa.
Bev Block, Spa Manager
Beverly has lived in the Bow Valley for 33 years. She is dedicated and passionate about providing a great client experience via the reception desk.
She has been recognized and awarded for providing outstanding customer service.
Jodi Etcheverry, RMT
- Registered Massage Therapist with the Massage Therapist Association of Alberta (MTAA)
- Level One Reiki Practitioner
- Specializes in: therapeutic, sports, pre-natal, hot stone and Swedish massage
Also educated in treating postural imbalances, myofascial release therapy, joint mobilization, lymphatic drainage and wrap treatments.
Originally from Saskatchewan Jodi moved to Canmore in 2004 to pursue goals in the sport of Biathlon. After racing around the world Jodi decided to pursue her passion of helping others through massage. Jodi completed a intensive 2 year (2200 hrs) program of remedial massage therapy in Calgary, Ab, supplying her with the assessment skills and techniques to treat each client uniquely.
She enjoys helping her clients relax while freeing there aches and pains. On her days off Jodi can be found skiing, running and enjoying the outdoors.
Daniel Haas, RMT
- Registered Massage Therapist with the NHPC w/ 28 years of experience
- Specializes in: Deep tissue therapeutic massage, Reflexology, Hot Rock massage, Swedish massage, Relaxation massage.
Moved to Canmore in 1992 taking care of many tired and sore backs in the Bow Valley, enjoying and experiencing life in the mountains, rising two children, starting probably the first day spa in town, enjoying to play the bass quitar at the dinner show Oh Canada Eh.
In the past 15 years he has travelled extensively all over this beautiful planet. He stoped for 1 year in the Cook Islands with his family where he enjoyed composing music, living the simple but balanced life on the islands, practicing meditation and husking coconuts :-]
For last 4 years he lived back in the Czech Republic, working as a fyziotherapist..
Angie Hodgson, RMT
- Registered Massage Therapist (NHPC)
- Specializes in Kinetic Swedish Massage and Myofascial Release
Angie Hodgson is Registered Massage Therapist and has been working for the past 5 years locally and abroad.
She brings a background in Kinetic Swedish Massage and further training in Myofascial Release. Being an advocate of holistic health; having a passion for movement, structural alignment and a fascination of the intrinsic workings of the human body has kept her inspired to continue to offer massage for better balance in ones life.
Lu Douce, RMT
- Registered Massage Therapist (NHPC)
- Registered Doula with the province of Alberta
- Specializes in: deep tissue (sport) massage, Swedish massage, Pre- and Post-natal massage, Hot Rock massage and Myofascial release therapy
- Level One Reiki Practitioner
Lu came to Canmore from Calgary with her husband Craig. Currently, she works at the Spa part-time, because she is taking care of their two kids at home and helping others to come in the World.
Kirsteen MacLeod, RMT
- Registered Massage Therapist (MTAA)
- Certified Personal Trainer (SKESA)
- Master Scuba Diver Trainer (PADI)
CURRENTLY ON MATERNITY LEAVE. Kirsteen has just recently relocated to Canmore. Having spent the last 2 years in Saskatoon Sk, Kirsteen fell in love with the Rockies and mountain life and decided to move here to make it her home.
Originally from England, Kirsteen has travelled extensively throughout the world, including living for 3 years in Honduras. Her passion is scuba diving and she is a Master Instructor although the glacier lakes of the Rockies may prove her biggest challenge yet!
Sarah Stephen, RMT
- RMT with the Massage Therapist Association of Alberta (MTAA)
- Certified in Cupping Therapy
- Specializes in: Therapeutic, Pre-natal, Sports/Deep tissue, and Swedish massage
Born and raised in the Northwest Territories, Sarah moved to Alberta where she completed her Bachelors Degree in Physical Education at the University of Alberta and her Diploma in Massage Therapy (2200 hours) at Grant MacEwan University.
Coming from a very active family, Sarah made the move to the Bow Valley for new and exciting adventures in the mountains. She strongly believes in living a balanced lifestyle of work and play, and with the use of massage therapy, she believes it is great tool to help others fulfill their goals.
With the use of clinical assessment, Sarah takes great pride in customizing each treatment to suit every client she works with. Sarah is also trained in myofacial release therapy, lymphatic drainage, postural dysfunctions, remedial exercise, and joint mobilization.
On Sarah's spare time she enjoys traveling, hiking, yoga, cooking and snowboarding.
- Registered Massage Therapist
- Specializes in: Deep Tissue, Myofascial and Prenatal Massage
Originally from Red Deer, Alberta, Nim studied and received her 2200 hour Diploma from Northern Institute of Massage Therapy. After countless trips to the Bow Valley, she decided it was time to make it home in June of 2012.
Nim Specializes in Clinical assessment and correction of the spine, Deep Tissue, Myofascial and Prenatal. Her love to help others is what influenced her decision to become a Massage Therapist, and she is eager to expand her modalities and techniques with furthering her education.
- Registered Massage Therapist
- Specializes in: Therapeutic and Sport massages, Deep-tissue and Myofascial technique, Muscle relaxation methods and Stretching, Core stability exercises.
Lydie (or more often Lili) originally studied physiotherapy and after graduating with a Bachelor degree she worked with high performance athletes in a sport clinic in Brno (Czech Republic) for three years. However,once she came to Canada and spent a couple of months in Canmore she and her partner decided to relocate to these beautiful mountains. They even brought their dog over the ocean so they can be together and fully enjoy life here!
- Licensed Esthetician and Reflexologist for over 20 years
- With all her experience, she gained deep knowledge of all esthetic-related treatments and issues
Coming to the Bow Valley from Red Deer/AB, Vladi was working at the Esthetics 2001, one of the first day spas in Canmore. She has established regular clientele over the years and she is considered to be one of the best estheticians in the Valley. With her degree in nutrition, you may end up with advice, not just in skin care, but also common sense healthy eating.
Also a proud Mom of Jan Hudec, one of the best Canadian downhill skiers, and Philip Hudec, who is following successful tracks of his older brother.
"Our business in life is not to get ahead of other people, but to get ahead of ourselves." Maltbie D. Babcock
- Licensed esthetician from Zeneba Academy of Esthetics
- Specializes in Facials, Manicures, Pedicures, Waxing, Tinting
Born and raised in Bow Valley, Sabrina is dedicated to customer service and personalized treatment. While trained at one of Alberta's best schools for esthetics, she has developed passion for all "hi-tech" tools in her trade. She is upgrading her equipment on an ongoing basis.
- Award winning licensed Esthetician & Reflexologist for over 20 years
- Personal Fitness Trainer
- Level Two Reiki Practitioner
Hope has been in the valley for 13 years and is considered one of the best estheticians in the valley. She has built up her clientele in the valley and around the world. She takes pride in everything she does and any treatment from Hope is truly an experience of wellbeing.
Her motto is "for your sanity, not vanity" and her clients definitely agree. Look forward to meeting you!
- Certified Usui Reiki Master, Yoga and Pilates Instructor
- Shamanic Practitioner and Sound Healer
- Dance Therapist and Movement Medicine Practitioner
After spending the majority of her childhood in the Northwest Territories, Danielle spent most of her time between B.C, Alberta, Ireland and the UK. She obtained her degree in Dance in 1998, then went on to receive certifications in Yoga, Pilates Matwork, Trampoline and Tumbling.
Realizing the need to combine energy healing with her movement therapies and practices, is when she stepped into her training for Reiki, Traditional Thai Massage Therapy and Sound Healing. Shamanic teachings and practices have been with her since early childhood.
Danielle has lived in Canmore for the past ten years. Her days are filled with experiences combining her writing, healing practices, husband and three small children.
- Usui & Karuna Reiki Master Teacher since 2004
- Professional Web & Graphic Designer, Wordpress specialist
- Portrait & Product Photographer
Norja Vanderelst has been practising Reiki since 2002, and is a Usui & Karuna Reiki Master Teacher since 2004. After experiencing the benefits of Reiki first-hand, she is committed to helping others improve their health and lifestyle. Reiki gives a feeling of peace within, enhances sleep, speeds up the healing of injuries and works overall on a mental, emotional, spiritual and physical level.
After a year away from Reiki, she felt the balance went missing in her life, so now she is available again for Reiki Treatments at the spa. She has since moved to Cochrane to be with her son, but is still part of our team. Please contact her directly for bookings in Canmore and Cochrane at 403.688.1137.
In her spare time, you can find her out walking her dog Chace, with her photography equipment capturing the beauty nature has to offer or she has her nose in a good book - well...a Kindle these days ;)